IMPACT COURSE: Being a
Mission-Focused School Leader
AISH’s Leadership Impact courses are for four weeks, approximately 3-5 hours per week. Based on the same topic as the Skills course, the framework reflects what we know about great learning. Goals and activities are customized around your interests and needs. Elsa Donohue will engage you and a cohort group in practical, job-embedded discussions and activities designed for immediate application and impact. Resources are curated and relevant and you’ll have the opportunity to reflect on your experience in a forum of colleagues.
Impact Course Outcomes
SCHEDULE: Offered November 1-30, 2020
- Unpack your school’s mission for clarity about what it stands for.
- Demonstrate the measurable elements of your school’s mission by tuning into everyday examples of how it comes to life.
- Communicate the extent to which the school is reaching its mission of student learning and effectively share evidence with constituents.
- Create a communication plan to support you as you relentlessly articulate your school’s mission, vision and other foundational documents.
- Reflect upon learnings, utilizing the group’s collective expertise and experience, to promote leadership growth within ourselves and others.
COST: $300 (AISH Members); $500 (AISH Non-Members)
Leadership teams may also take the courses together at a discounted group rate. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
REGISTER NOW for Mission-Focused School Leader
Upon completion of each Impact course, you will receive an electronic badge for display on your resume and for AISH members, on your website Profile.
Upon successful completion of six AISH Impact courses (one in each Standards area) and review of work by AISH panel, you will receive an AISH Leadership Certificate. The first six courses are the first phase of AISH’s online Leadership Series, with additional courses planned.
University Credit will be available (pending) in the form of Continuing Education Units (CEU) and graduate credit. Information will be forthcoming.