Building Strong Leadership Teams
AISH’s Leadership Impact courses are for four weeks, approximately 3-5 hours per week. Based on the same topic as the Skills course, the framework reflects what we know about great learning. Goals and activities are customized around your interests and needs. Liz Duffy will engage you and a cohort group in practical, job-embedded discussions and activities designed for immediate application and impact. Resources are curated and relevant and you’ll have the opportunity to reflect on your experience in a forum of colleagues.
Impact Course Outcomes
1) Analyze your leadership team and determine one of three pathways to enhance effectiveness:
- Foster Collaboration - Explore and utilize tools and exercises with your team to better understand each other’s leadership styles and strengths to build safety, share vulnerability and establish purpose. Experiment with a meeting roles framework.
- Develop a Diverse Team - Review relevant research on diversity and performance and examine the make-up of your leadership team using a leadership pipeline framework.
- Make Productive Decisions - Utilize techniques for having productive conversations and tools for making decisions that will have an impact.
2) Identify three goals that will help you improve your leadership team over the next six to nine months.
3) Reflect upon learning, utilizing the collective expertise and experience of the group, to promote leadership growth within ourselves and with others.
SCHEDULE: Offered October 1-31, 2020
COST: $300 (AISH Members); $500 (AISH Non-Members)
Leadership teams may also take the courses together at a discounted group rate. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
REGISTER NOW for Building Strong Leadership Teams
Upon completion of each Impact course, you will receive an electronic badge for display on your resume and for AISH members, on your website Profile.
Upon successful completion of six AISH Impact courses (one in each Standards area) and review of work by AISH panel, you will receive an AISH Leadership Certificate. The first six courses are the first phase of AISH’s online Leadership Series, with additional courses planned.
University Credit will be available (pending) in the form of Continuing Education Units (CEU) and graduate credit. Information will be forthcoming.